Re: Typo in "43.9.1. Reporting Errors and Messages"?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Typo in "43.9.1. Reporting Errors and Messages"?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 09:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> I don't remember details, but I think the primary reason for the change
> was that "RAISE_EXCEPTION" occurred in the whole tree only once (before
> 66bde49d96). Now I see, that I had chosen the wrong replacement — I agree
> with Euler, change to "raise_exception" would be more appropriate.

Indeed, it looks like the origin of the confusion is the casing here,
so changing to "raise_exception" like in the appendix sounds good to
me:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/errcodes-appendix.html

So you mean something like the attached then?

> (I've found a similar mention of ERRCODE_xxx in btree.sgml:
>   Before doing so, the function should check the sign
>   of <replaceable>offset</replaceable>: if it is less than zero, raise
>   error <literal>ERRCODE_INVALID_PRECEDING_OR_FOLLOWING_SIZE</literal> (22013)
>   with error text like <quote>invalid preceding or following size in window
>   function</quote>.
> but I think that's okay here, because that identifier supposed to be used
> as-is in ereport/elog.)

Yep, still this one is not that old (0a459cec96d3).
--
Michael

Вложения