Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes

От Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Тема Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
>On Thu, Jul  1, 2021 at 10:01:46PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>>     > Just a thought.
>>     >
>>     > Perhaps another idea would be to make one link which includes both names.
>>
>>     Uh, that is going to look odd, I am afraid.
>>
>> This thread started with the point that the current entry looks odd. I’m not
>> sure this would look more odd than what is there now.

>If you look at the current doc version:
>
>       https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
>
>Notice that for these two items:
>
>        Remove factorial operators ! and !! (Mark Dilger)
>        The factorial() function is still supported. Also remove function numeric_fac().
>
>        Disallow factorial() of negative numbers (Peter Eisentraut)
>       Previously such cases returned 1.
>
>Only the first mention of "factorial()" uses a link;  the second item
>doesn't have any link.

There are other places as well, like this on:
"The postgres_fdw supports these type of scans if async_capable is set."

async_capable is not a link. Or this one:
"This speeds normalize() and IS NORMALIZED."

I still think it should be more consistent and all should be links, even if they point to the same section.

Regards
Daniel

Сообщение: Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes
Сообщение: Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes