Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk

От Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Тема Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Westermann wrote:

> is someone using temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk ? Any experiences with that?

> I did some quick tests and checked the archives but could not find any information that either confirmed it is a bad idea nor the opposite.

>Well, we point our "stats_temp_directory" to a tmpfs partition, which is probably fairly common (or so I'd guess).

>But a full tablespace with tables and everything? That sounds pretty risky for anything other than a place to store

>data for transformation or summary of data that could be recreated by restarting a process if the server goes down

>in the middle.

>I think you'd be better off explaining what your goal is and then people could give you better comments.

Thank you for the hint with stats_temp_directory. I am only talking about temp_tablespaces which are supposed for temporary objects only. It is pretty clear not to use that for persistent objects, I know.

Regards

Daniel

Сообщение: Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk
Сообщение: Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk