RE: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk

От Kevin Brannen
Тема RE: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Daniel Westermann wrote:

> is someone using temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk ? Any experiences with that?

> I did some quick tests and checked the archives but could not find any information that either confirmed it is a bad idea nor the opposite.

Well, we point our "stats_temp_directory" to a tmpfs partition, which is probably fairly common (or so I'd guess).

But a full tablespace with tables and everything? That sounds pretty risky for anything other than a place to store

data for transformation or summary of data that could be recreated by restarting a process if the server goes down

in the middle.

I think you'd be better off explaining what your goal is and then people could give you better comments.

HTH,

Kevin

 .

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.