Re: Will PostgreSQL 16 supports native transparent data encryption ?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Will PostgreSQL 16 supports native transparent data encryption ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 8/21/23 18:49, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 07:02:46PM +0300, Mostafa Fathy wrote:
> > > It is mentioned here https://www.postgresql.org/about/press/faq/#:~:text=
> > > Q%3A%20What%20features%20will%20PostgreSQL%2016%20have%3F that native
> > > transparent data encryption is being worked on and it may be delivered with
> > > PostgreSQL 16.
> > >
> > > Is PostgreSQL 16 beta version includes native transparent data encryption or
> > > not ? because I checked the docs https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/index.html
> > > and couldn't find anything related to transparent data encryption.
> > >
> > > If not supported yet in the beta version I would like to know if PostgreSQL 16
> > > final version will support native transparent data encryption or not?
> > Not, PG 16 will not support it, and I am unclear if later major versions
> > will either.
>
> That's disappointing, since TDE makes PCI audits that much simpler.

There's ongoing work happening for TDE support and we'd love to hear
from folks who would like to see it included.  You can expect an updated
patch set for the September commitfest.  Getting more folks to test it
and use it and review it would certainly help move it forward.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения