Re: Make all Perl warnings fatal

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Make all Perl warnings fatal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 11:51:24AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> It's not really the same as -Werror, because many warnings can be generated
> at runtime rather than compile-time.
>
> Still, I guess that might not matter too much since apart from plperl we
> only use perl for building / testing.

However, is it possible to trust the out-of-core perl modules posted
on CPAN, assuming that these will never produce warnings?  I've never
seen any issues with IPC::Run in these last years, so perhaps that's
OK in the long-run.

> Regarding the dangers mentioned, I guess we can undo it if it proves a
> nuisance.

Yeah.  I am wondering what the buildfarm would say with this change.

> +1 to getting rid if the unnecessary call to getprotobyname().

Looking around here..
https://perldoc.perl.org/perlipc#Sockets%3A-Client%2FServer-Communication

Hmm.  Are you sure that this is OK even in the case where the TAP
tests run on Windows without unix-domain socket support?  The CI runs
on Windows, but always with unix domain sockets around as far as I
know.
--
Michael

Вложения