Re: pg_stat_get_backend_subxact() and backend IDs?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_stat_get_backend_subxact() and backend IDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 09:46:55AM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> This was my first reaction [0].  I was concerned about renaming the
> exported functions so close to release, so I was suggesting that we hold
> off on that part until v17.  If there isn't a concern with renaming these
> functions in v16, I can proceed with something more like v2.

Thanks for the pointer.  This version is much better IMO, because it
removes entirely the source of the confusion between the difference in
backend ID and index ID treatments when fetching the local entries in
the array.  So I'm okay to rename these functions now, before .0 is
released to get things in a better shape while addressing the issue
reported.

+extern LocalPgBackendStatus *pgstat_get_local_beentry_by_index(int beid);

Still I would to a bit more of s/beid/id/ for cases where the code
refers to an index ID, and not a backend ID, especially for the
internal routines.
--
Michael

Вложения