Re: Would it be possible to backpatch Close support in libpq (28b5726) to PG16?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Would it be possible to backpatch Close support in libpq (28b5726) to PG16?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 12:14:21AM +0200, Jelte Fennema wrote:
> 28b5726 allows sending Close messages from libpq, as opposed to
> sending DEALLOCATE queries to deallocate prepared statements. Without
> support for Close messages, libpq based clients won't be able to
> deallocate prepared statements on PgBouncer, because PgBouncer does
> not parse SQL queries and only looks at protocol level messages (i.e.
> Close messages for deallocation).

The RMT has the final word on anything related to the release, but we
are discussing about adding something new to a branch that has gone
through two beta cycles with a GA targetted around the end of
September ~ beginning of October based on the trends of the recent
years.  That's out of the picture, IMO.  This comes once every year.

> Personally I think backpatching 28b5726 has a really low risk of
> breaking anything.

I agree about the low-risk argument, though.  This is just new code.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue
Сообщение: Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue