Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 03:29:28PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 15:23 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For what it's worth, my vote would be for "connection authenticated:
>> ... method=trust".
>
> I don’t have any particular objection to this language and agree that it’s
> actually closer to how we talk about the trust auth method in our
> documentation.

After sleeping on it, I think that I'd just agree with Robert's point
to just use the same language as the message, while also agreeing with
the patch to not set MyClientConnectionInfo.authn_id in the uaTrust
case, only logging something under log_connections.

+        * No authentication was actually performed; this happens e.g. when the
+        * trust method is in use.

This comment should be reworded a bit, say "No authentication identity
was set; blah ..".

> Maybe if we decided to rework the documentation … or perhaps just ripped
> “trust” out entirely … but those are whole different things from what we
> are trying to accomplish here.

Not sure I see any point in doing that these days.
--
Michael

Вложения