Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue
Дата
Re: Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue  (Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 08:49:16AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> After sleeping on it, I think that I'd just agree with Robert's point
> to just use the same language as the message, while also agreeing with
> the patch to not set MyClientConnectionInfo.authn_id in the uaTrust
> case, only logging something under log_connections.
>
> +        * No authentication was actually performed; this happens e.g. when the
> +        * trust method is in use.
>
> This comment should be reworded a bit, say "No authentication identity
> was set; blah ..".

Attached is a v3 to do these two things, with adjustments for two SSL
tests.  Any objections about it?

(Note: no backpatch)
--
Michael