Re: createuser --memeber and PG 16

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: createuser --memeber and PG 16
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 12:16:58PM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 01:20:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
>>> How do folks feel about keeping --role undocumented?  Should we give it a
>>> mention in the docs for --member-of?
>>
>> I'm okay with leaving it undocumented, but I won't fight about it
>> if somebody wants to argue for the other.
>
> Alright.  Barring any additional feedback, I'll commit this tonight.

v2 passes the eye test, and I am not spotting any references to the
past option names.  Thanks!

+$node->issues_sql_like(
+   [ 'createuser', 'regress_user11', '--role', 'regress_user1' ],
+   qr/statement: CREATE ROLE regress_user11 NOSUPERUSER NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE INHERIT LOGIN NOREPLICATION
NOBYPASSRLSIN ROLE regress_user1;/,
+   '--role (for backward compatibility)');

Not sure I would have kept this test, still that's cheap enough to
test.
--
Michael

Вложения