Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/21/23 3:04 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 5/18/23 4:49 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I have completed the first draft of the PG 16 release notes.
>
> One thing that we could attempt for this beta is to include a
> prospective list of "major features + enhancements." Of course it can
> change before the GA, but it'll give readers some idea of things to test.
>
> I'd propose the following (in no particular order):
>
> * General performance improvements for read-heavy workloads (looking for
> clarification for that in[1])

Per [1] this sounds like it should be:

* Optimization to reduce overall memory usage, including general
performance improvements.

We can get more specific for the GA.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5749E807-A5B7-4CC7-8282-84F6F0D4D1D0%40anarazel.de

Вложения

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: createuser --memeber and PG 16