Re: v15rc2(/v15rc1/v15b4) shadowbuild fails when using src from symlink

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: v15rc2(/v15rc1/v15b4) shadowbuild fails when using src from symlink
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 06:57:53PM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Yeah, nobody has claimed to have fixed this, so this is not surprising.
> You didn't reply to Michael's reply to your previous report; any
> thoughts on that?
>
> Maybe if you propose a fix, we can discuss it.

FWIW, if that proves to be simple, perhaps there is a point in doing
it.  However, we also need to take into account that this would be
unstressed by the buildfarm.

And there is also an extra factor to think about here: meson.  The
tool only supports VPATH-like builds, which is what Frank is doing,
and a quick test shows me that it is possible to specify a link to the
source folder in the meson command (last argument of the meson
command), which is also something Frank does here.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: v15rc2(/v15rc1/v15b4) shadowbuild fails when using src from symlink
Сообщение: Re: v15rc2(/v15rc1/v15b4) shadowbuild fails when using src from symlink