Re: doc: Clarify what "excluded" represents for INSERT ON CONFLICT

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: doc: Clarify what "excluded" represents for INSERT ON CONFLICT
Дата
Re: doc: Clarify what "excluded" represents for INSERT ON CONFLICT  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul  1, 2022 at 08:11:36AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> That said, I still think that the current wording should be tweak with respect
> to row vs. rows (especially if we continue to call it a table):
>
> Current:
> "The SET and WHERE clauses in ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE have access to the
> existing row using the table's name (or an alias), and to [rows] proposed
> for insertion using the special excluded table."
>
> Change [rows] to:
>
> "the row"
>

> I'm undecided whether "FROM excluded" should be something that works - but I
> also don't think it would actually be used in any case.

I found two places where a singular "row" would be better, doc patch
attached.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Вложения