Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 02:11:12PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Until recently TESTDIR needed to point to the build directory containing the
> binaries. But I'd like to be able to separate test log output from the build
> tree, so that it's easier to capture files generated by tests for CI /
> buildfarm. The goal is to have a separate directory for each test, so we can
> present logs for failed tests separately. That was impossible with TESTDIR,
> because it needed to point to the build directory.

FWIW, this argument sounds sensible to me since I looked at 0001, not
only for the log files, but also to help in the capture of files
generated by the tests like 010_tab_completion.pl.

I don't know yet what to do about this part, so for now I have fixed
the other issue reported by Peter where the test names were missing.
--
Michael

Вложения