Re: Prevent writes on large objects in read-only transactions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Prevent writes on large objects in read-only transactions
Дата
Re: Prevent writes on large objects in read-only transactions  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 03:30:28PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> Currently, lo_creat(e), lo_import, lo_unlink, lowrite, lo_put,
> and lo_from_bytea are allowed even in read-only transactions.
> By using them, pg_largeobject and pg_largeobject_metatable can
> be modified in read-only transactions and the effect remains
> after the transaction finished. Is it unacceptable behaviours,
> isn't it?

Well, there is an actual risk to break applications that have worked
until now for a behavior that has existed for years with zero
complaints on the matter, so I would leave that alone.  Saying that, I
don't really disagree with improving the error messages a bit if we
are in recovery.
--
Michael

Вложения