Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 01:05:46PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> We've done worse when dealing with obvious bugs contrary to the
> documentation and that prevent unsafe behavior.  People relying on the
> defined behavior to safely fail when encountering unexpected failure
> producing situations that hopefully never happen get the priority over
> poorly written code that somehow relies on errors not respecting the single
> transaction promise.

Yeah, I think that the past behavior was a bit crazy.  On a
client-side error, psql reports a failure with an error code but would
commit any changes that happened before the command that failed with
the underlying commit created by --single-transaction, while
discarding any future commands.
--
Michael

Вложения