Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 7:30 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 2:11 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Looks fine to me, so applied down to 10.
>
> (Yes!)

I am slightly concerned that this behavior change could break
somebody's stuff when they upgrade to the next minor release. It does
not seem impossible that someone could be knowingly relying on the old
behavior.

We've done worse when dealing with obvious bugs contrary to the documentation and that prevent unsafe behavior.  People relying on the defined behavior to safely fail when encountering unexpected failure producing situations that hopefully never happen get the priority over poorly written code that somehow relies on errors not respecting the single transaction promise.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17511: Inconsistent permissions on some information_schema tables
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17511: Inconsistent permissions on some information_schema tables