Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 11:39:39AM -0500, Bayer, Samuel wrote:
> I've tried both ranking functions. I've tried a variety of the
> normalization settings. I'm using the standard English language
> configuration. Postgres 13.
>
> I do understand your FTS philosophy - I suppose I'm looking for
> guidance about how best to approximate the search capability in Solr
> using the FTS pieces you have. One concrete question, I suppose,
> is: the classic TF/IDF search strategy relies on inverse document
> frequency, which looks across the corpus. I can't tell whether that
> corpus-wide frequency information is taken into account in either
> ranking function.
>
> I don't know if Solr weights earlier tokens more heavily, but I
> wouldn't be surprised if it does.

Sorry, I don't know what corpus is or what you are asking?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres