Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Bayer, Samuel" <sam@mitre.org> writes:
> One concrete question, I suppose, is: the classic TF/IDF search strategy relies on inverse document frequency, which
looksacross the corpus. I can't tell whether that corpus-wide frequency information is taken into account in either
rankingfunction.

The documentation is pretty clear that they don't, they just consider each
document in isolation.  Building a structure that would allow more-global
info to be taken into account is an interesting project that nobody's
tackled.

От: "Bayer, Samuel"
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres