Re: Proposed German Translation of Code of Conduct Policy

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Proposed German Translation of Code of Conduct Policy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 03:24:54PM +0500 schrieb Umair Shahid:

> > What happens if all members of the committee are impeached at once ?
> >

> That is one reason to strive for diversity in the CoC Committee - the
> chances of this happening are reduced to near-zero.

It may be near-zero for impeachment based on sound reasons
but it may still happen malevolently. However, not all cases
can, or need, be accounted for explicitely.

> In the unlikely event that it does happen, however, one option could be for
> the Core team to ask for volunteers from the committers group (senior &
> respected members of the community) to pitch in.
>
> If you feel this point needs to be addressed in the policy, I would
> recommend starting off a new thread with your suggested amendments to the
> CoC policy.

Perhaps such might be contained in an ancillary document
"Suggestions for execution of the Policy" containing such
advice as you gave above. Other than that one might leave
things as they are.

> Thank you for your suggestions. These have been incorporated in the text

Thanks,
Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B