Re: Multiple Query IDs for a rewritten parse tree

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Multiple Query IDs for a rewritten parse tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 12:37:34PM +0500, Andrey V. Lepikhov wrote:
> I think, pg_stat_statements can live with an queryId generator of the
> sr_plan extension. But It replaces all constants with $XXX parameter at the
> query string. In our extension user defines which plan is optimal and which
> constants can be used as parameters in the plan.

I don't know the details of that extension, but I think that it should work as
long as you have the constants information in the jumble state, whatever the
resulting normalized query string is right?

> One drawback I see here - creating or dropping of my extension changes
> behavior of pg_stat_statements that leads to distortion of the DB load
> profile. Also, we haven't guarantees, that another extension will work
> correctly (or in optimal way) with such queryId.

But then, if generating 2 queryid is a better for performance, does the
extension really need an additional jumble state and/or normalized query
string?