Re: cfbot wrangling (was Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message)

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: cfbot wrangling (was Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 01:19:22AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> > For this kind of situation I think that the usual solution is to use a
> > .txt extension to make sure that the cfbot won't try to apply it.
>
> Yeah ... this has come up before.  Is there a documented way to
> attach files that the cfbot will ignore?

Not that I know of unfortunately.  I think the apply part is done by
https://github.com/macdice/cfbot/blob/master/cfbot_patchburner_chroot_ctl.sh#L93-L120,
which seems reasonable.  So basically any extension outside of those could be
used, excluding of course anything clearly suspicious that would be rejected by
many email providers.

> Two specific scenarios seem to be interesting:
>
> 1. You are attaching patch(es) plus some non-patch files
>
> 2. You are attaching some random files, and would like to not
> displace the cfbot's idea of the latest patchset.

I'm assuming that someone wanting to send an additional patch to be applied on
top of the OP patchset is part of 2?