Re: Improve error handling of HMAC computations and SCRAM

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Improve error handling of HMAC computations and SCRAM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 10:50:50AM +0300, Sergey Shinderuk wrote:
> A few comments after a quick glance...

Thanks!

> + * Returns a static string providing errors about an error that happened
>
> "errors about an error" looks odd.

Sure, that could be reworded.  What about "providing details about an
error"?

> We already have SSLerrmessage elsewhere and it's documented to never return
> NULL.  I find that confusing.

This name is chosen on purpose.  There could be some refactoring done
with those things.

> If I have two distinct pg_hmac_ctx's, are their errreason's idependent from
> one another or do they really point to the same static buffer?

Each errreason could be different, as each computation could fail for
a different reason.  If they fail for the same reason, they would
point to the same error context strings.
--
Michael

Вложения