Re: Improve error handling of HMAC computations and SCRAM

От Sergey Shinderuk
Тема Re: Improve error handling of HMAC computations and SCRAM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11.01.2022 07:56, Michael Paquier wrote:
 > Thoughts?

A few comments after a quick glance...

+ * Returns a static string providing errors about an error that happened

"errors about an error" looks odd.

+static const char *
+SSLerrmessage(unsigned long ecode)
+{
+    if (ecode == 0)
+        return NULL;
+
+    /*
+     * This may return NULL, but we would fall back to a default error path if
+     * that were the case.
+     */
+    return ERR_reason_error_string(ecode);
+}

We already have SSLerrmessage elsewhere and it's documented to never
return NULL.  I find that confusing.

If I have two distinct pg_hmac_ctx's, are their errreason's idependent
from one another or do they really point to the same static buffer?

Regards,

--
Sergey Shinderuk        https://postgrespro.com/