Re: should we document an example to set multiple libraries in shared_preload_libraries?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: should we document an example to set multiple libraries in shared_preload_libraries?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 12:45:56AM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> I think the problems you noted upthread are shared for all GUCs with
> type GUC_LIST_QUOTE (e.g., search_path, temp_tablespaces).  Perhaps
> the documentation for each of these GUCs should contain a short blurb
> about how to properly SET a list of values.

Yeah, the approach taken by the proposed patch is not going to scale
and age well.

It seems to me that we should have something dedicated to lists around
the section for "Parameter Names and Values", and add a link in the
description of each parameters concerned back to the generic
description.

> Also upthread, I see that you gave the following example for an
> incorrect way to set shared_preload_libraries:
>
>         ALTER SYSTEM SET shared_preload_libraries =
>         auth_delay,pg_stat_statements,sepgsql;  --> wrong
>
> Why is this wrong?  It seems to work okay for me.

Yep.
--
Michael

Вложения