Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 05:15:59PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> I agree that it might surprise an user and it would be good to document it.
> However, it does not belong to the description. I would add it to the Notes
> section at the end of the ALTER TABLE page.

No objections to the suggested addition and the location of the
addition (paragraph of SET DATA TYPE rather than "Notes"), but I think
that the phrasing could be better:
"The column's statistics are removed, hence a follow-up ANALYZE is
suited to update the statistics to the new column type."
--
Michael

Вложения