Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics  ("Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com>)
Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DATA TYPE removes statistics  ("nikolai.berkoff" <nikolai.berkoff@pm.me>)
Список pgsql-docs
On 2021-Oct-19, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 05:15:59PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> > I agree that it might surprise an user and it would be good to document it.
> > However, it does not belong to the description. I would add it to the Notes
> > section at the end of the ALTER TABLE page.
>
> No objections to the suggested addition and the location of the
> addition (paragraph of SET DATA TYPE rather than "Notes"), but I think
> that the phrasing could be better:
> "The column's statistics are removed, hence a follow-up ANALYZE is
> suited to update the statistics to the new column type."

Dunno, putting it in the middle of the existing paragraph looks odd to
me.  I would put it in a separate one instead, as in the attached.

Вложения