Re: Pgpool-II latest package?

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Pgpool-II latest package?
Дата
Re: Pgpool-II latest package?  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Tatsuo Ishii
> Ok. let me see.

Thanks!

> > We can get you on the postgresql team there if you are interested in
> > working on the package.
>
> Yes, I am interested but I am not familiar with Ubuntu package
> creation process. Is there any tutorial for the work?

The basic starting point is https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ .

Packages building PG modules are a bit more involved since they have
to target several major versions at once, see pg_buildext(1) (in
postgresql-common) for more details.

> BTW, I have a problem with compiling Pgpool-II docs on Ubuntu 20 (18
> is fine.): jade segfaults. I can compile docs on Ubuntu 18 then copy
> into Ubuntu 18, but this is really annoying. It would be nice if I can
> help on this.

That's known and unfortunately unfixed in Ubuntu. Fixed packages are
available via apt.postgresql.org:

openjade | 1.4devel1-21.3ubuntu1.pgdg20.04+1 |         groovy-pgdg | amd64, source
openjade | 1.4devel1-21.3ubuntu1.pgdg20.04+1 | groovy-pgdg-testing | amd64, source
openjade | 1.4devel1-21.3ubuntu1.pgdg20.04+1 |          focal-pgdg | amd64, ppc64el, source
openjade | 1.4devel1-21.3ubuntu1.pgdg20.04+1 |  focal-pgdg-testing | amd64, ppc64el, source

Re: Tatsuo Ishii
> I believe you already know but to run the test, you need PostgreSQL
> server and client software (psql, pgbench, pg_ctl etc.), and some
> extra tools like ssh, memcached, OpenSSL, JDBC driver, Perl and Ruby.

That would have to be coded into Build-Depends (for build-time
testing) and/or Depends in debian/tests/control for install-time
tests.

Christoph

Сообщение: Re: Pgpool-II latest package?
Сообщение: Re: Pgpool-II latest package?