Re: Add jsonlog log_destination for JSON server logs

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add jsonlog log_destination for JSON server logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 10:58:51PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
> Please just put a "format" field (or "channel" field -- the logging
> daemon doesn't really care what format) with a list of defined formats
> that can easily be extended in the future. If you want to steal the
> high bit for "is last" and only allow 128 values instead of 256 so be
> it.

Which is what I just posted here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/YTlunSciDRl1z7ik@paquier.xyz

Well, we could also do things so as we have two fields, as of
something like:
typedef struct
{
[...]
bits8    flags:4, format:4;
[...]
} PipeProtoHeader;

I am not sure if this is an improvement in readability though, and
that's less consistent with the recent practice we've been trying to
follow with bitmasks and flag-like options.
--
Michael

Вложения