Re: PostGIS 2.5 for PostgreSQL 14 or Debian 11 ?

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: PostGIS 2.5 for PostgreSQL 14 or Debian 11 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Christophe Courtois
> 1) On Ubuntu 20.04 or Debian 10, the following packages do exist:
>
> postgresql-13-postgis-2.5
> postgresql-13-postgis-3
> postgresql-14-postgis-3
>
> But I cannot found PostGIS 2.5 for PG 14.
>
> Is PostGIS 2.5 already deprecated?
>
> (If I understand, it was not supported for PG13 [1],
> but the package does exist.)

Hi,

yes 2.5 is deprecated. I got it working for PG13 to help people
upgrading. I do not plan to repeat that tour de force again. (There
were lots of minor problems to ignore on the way.)

> 2) PostGIS 2.5 does not seem available on Debian 11, whatever the PG
> version.
> I suppose there is  some dependency issue.

Debian 11 is new, please use postgis 3 for new setups, or upgrade
postgis first.

> All the documentation that I found deals with older versions, so  I just
> ask. 2.5 postgis on PG14 would be useful for some migrations.

Please upgrade to postgis 3 on the old PG version first (or migrate
both PG and postgis at the same time).

Christoph