Running PostgreSQL in Kubernetes?

От Victor Sudakov
Тема Running PostgreSQL in Kubernetes?
Дата
Re: Running PostgreSQL in Kubernetes?  (Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Colleagues,

Is anyone running PostgreSQL in Kubernetes? If you do, what solution do
you prefer?

What I've tried myself:

1. Running the official postgres:12.6 images in a StatefulSet. It works
fine but there is neither failover nor replication.

2. Zalando's postgres-operator. Replication and failover work out of the
box, but the documentation is not the best. Things like wal-g backup and
PITR are probably possible, but you need to be an egghead to figure out
how to make them work. Why, I cannot even figure out how to add a
team after installing the postgres-operator from the official Helm repo.

I'd be especially grateful if you shared your own personal experience
with Kubernetes and PostgreSQL.

--
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/