Re: Refactor ECPGconnect and allow IPv6 connection

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Refactor ECPGconnect and allow IPv6 connection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 01:56:38AM +0000, kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com wrote:
> I reviewed for myself and fixed something:
>
> * refactor parse_options(), same as conninfo_uri_parse_params() in libpq
>   Skipping blanks is needed in this functions because ecpg precompiler add additional blanks
>   between option parameters. I did not fix precompiler because of the compatibility.
>   If it changes, maybe SO_MAJOR_VERSION will be also changed.
> * update doc

As you are writing in your first bullet point and as mentioned
upthread, it does not strike me as a great idea to have a duplicate
logic doing the parsing of URIs, even if libpq accepts multiple
hosts/ports as an option.  Couldn't we have a better consolidation
here?
--
Michael

Вложения