RE: Refactor ECPGconnect and allow IPv6 connection

От kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Refactor ECPGconnect and allow IPv6 connection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Michael,

Thank you for replying!

> it does not strike me as a great idea to have a duplicate
> logic doing the parsing of URIs, even if libpq accepts multiple
> hosts/ports as an option.

Yeah, I agree your argument that duplicated parse function should be removed.

ECPG parses connection string because it uses PQconnectdbParams()
even if target is specified in the new-style,
hence my elementary idea is that the paring can be skipped if PQconnectdb() calls.

I will try to remake patches based on the idea.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED