Re: wal-g (https://github.com/wal-g/wal-g) reliability

От Victor Sudakov
Тема Re: wal-g (https://github.com/wal-g/wal-g) reliability
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephen Frost wrote:

> > 2. Is there a `wal-g backup-fetch` option for truly self-sufficient
> > restoration?
>
> Interesting that you ask this!  I say that because it's actually a case
> that pgbackrest contemplated and explicitly added support for-
> specifically, if you set --archive-copy (or archive-copy=true) and
> disable compression (or decompress everything before you start PG), then
> you can just start PG from the backup and it'll perform the necessary
> recovery from the WAL and start up.  We considered this an interesting
> use-case and used it extensively and have maintained support for it.

Well, the release I've downloaded from https://github.com/wal-g/wal-g/releases
does not seem to have the --archive-copy option.

> All that said, of course, this limits the ability to do typical PITR,

Why? If you configure recovery_target_time and restore_command, it's all
the same, isn't it? No matter if you have WAL archives in pg_wal, but
it's better to have them.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/