Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment  (Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment  (Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 11:42:33PM +0100, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 7:22 PM <robionekenobi@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> I guess 'cl' is interpreting "/?" as filename, not as option, when the
> current path is a ‘Subst Drive’. If you call 'cl /? foo' it works, and also
> if you create a one-letter named dummy file inside the ‘Subst Drive’.
>
> I would close this report noting that using a ‘Subst Drive’ is problematic
> anyhow, as other scripts might also fail when navigating the expected
> folder layout.

If you patch the scripts by changing the option used by the cl
command, are there cases where the installation able to complete when
using a subst driver?  It seems to me that if things work could work
even in this case and result in a correct installation, then there is
an argument for making the MSVC scripts easier to use for the
end-user.
--
Michael

Вложения