Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment
Дата
Ответы Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 7:22 PM <robionekenobi@bluewin.ch> wrote:

Hi again,

I searched a little bit more, and this occurs only if the drive where I run the ‘cl /?’ Is a ‘Subst Drive’

Therefor, I’ve changed this to a real Drive, and the error does no more occurs. It is a bug in windows with ‘Subst drive’ probably

So, you can either close the bug, or change the ‘cl /?’ by a ‘cl /help’ (which is also an official cl option)

Thanks for the reproducible example, it behaves like that for me too.

I guess 'cl' is interpreting "/?" as filename, not as option, when the current path is a ‘Subst Drive’. If you call 'cl /? foo' it works, and also if you create a one-letter named dummy file inside the ‘Subst Drive’.

I would close this report noting that using a ‘Subst Drive’ is problematic anyhow, as other scripts might also fail when navigating the expected folder layout.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha