Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 04:57:52PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 2:43 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski
> <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:

visibileon pg12/bionic.

> > > This is quite strange and I am not able to see the reason why this can
> > > happen. The only way to debug this problem that comes to mind is to
> > > add more LOGS around the code that removes the WAL files. For example,
> > > we can try to print the value of minimumslotLSN (keep) and logSegNo in
> > > KeepLogSeg().
> >
> > That would require changing pg sources, I think, recompiling, and
> > retrying?
> >

> Yes. BTW, are you on the latest release of pg12, if not then you can
> once check the release notes to see if there is any related bug fix in
> the later releases?

We're not. We're on 12.9, and there seem to be some wal-related changes
since then:
https://why-upgrade.depesz.com/show?from=12.9&to=12.12&keywords=wal*

will talk with responsible people about upgrading it, and then redoing
the test.

Best regards,

depesz