Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...

От Woodchuck Bill
Тема Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
scrappy@postgresql.org ("Marc G. Fournier") wrote in
news:20041123153243.W41705@ganymede.hub.org:

> Due to recent action by Google concerning the
> comp.databases.postgresql.* hierarchy, we are going to make some
> changes that should satisfy just about everyone ... over the next
> 24hrs or so, traffic *to* comp.databases.postgresql.* from the mailing
> lists will cease and be re-routed to pgsql.* instead ... on our server
> (and we encourage others to do the same), the comp.* groups will be
> aliased to the new pgsql.* hierarchy, so that posts to the old groups
> will still get through ...
>
> In order to improve propogation, as always, we welcome anyone wishing
> to carry these groups to email usenet@hub.org to get added on as a
> direct peer ...
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy
>              ICQ: 7615664

You can't have it both ways, Marc. If you are starting your own hierarchy,
fine, but you still insist on keeping them in comp.* too? You obviously
have zero respect for all of the people that have been involved in this
RFD. Drop the comp.* names entirely unless each individual group passes a
CFV. If not, your new pgsql.* hierarchy will be just as bogus as the
current groups, and don't expect Google to pick them up either.