Re: Return last value in of array (PostgreSQL 7.2.1)

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: Return last value in of array (PostgreSQL 7.2.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
scrawford@pinpointresearch.com (Steve Crawford) wrote in

> IIRC I heard talk of new max and min array dimension functions in
> upcoming releases. I'm tired so there may be better or more elegant
> solutions but this one works (r is the array):
>
> r[rtrim(substring(array_dims(r), position(':' in
> array_dims(r))+1),']')::int]

This works and is an improvement to my previous version as it allows for
upper boundaries with any number of digits. Thank you!

Still the solution looks ugly and will perform likewise. PostgreSQL
urgently needs improvment on array handling. Hopefully new versions take
care of that (haven't tested 7.3+).

BTW: Have been away for some days, so my reply is late, sorry.

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter

--
no z in my mail.