Re: [ADMIN] When postgres will be faster?

От sk.list@comset.net
Тема Re: [ADMIN] When postgres will be faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On 30-Nov-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> [Charset KOI8-R unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 29-Nov-99 Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> > I'm not concern very much about speed of Postgres but mostly
>> > about its connection schema. Every new connect to database postgres
>> > forks another children. It's impossible to work with different
>>
>> fork and fork/exec are some different. postmaster forks and execute backend
>> binary.
>
> postmaster forks() and does not do an exec().

>From postmaster log:

FindExec: found "/usr/comset/dbase/bin/postgres" using argv[0]

ps ax|grep pos

10665  ?  R    0:01 /usr/comset/dbase/bin/postgres main.comset.com polithit pol
13329  ?  S    0:24 /usr/comset/dbase/bin/postmaster -i -D/usr/comset/dbase/dat

These samples push me thinking it was fork/exec... :-(

SKiller
Sergei Keler
WebMaster of "ComSet"
E-Mail: skiller@comset.net