RE: RE[2]: [INTERFACES] ecpg and getting just assigned serial nu

От Craig Orsinger
Тема RE: RE[2]: [INTERFACES] ecpg and getting just assigned serial nu
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On 13-Sep-99 Theofilu Andreas wrote:
>> to do. Anything else and it gets really difficult. While Informix
>> supports EXEC SQL IFDEF, PostgreSQL does not appear to.
>>
> It is not always easy to do that and the two are different, but not
> completely. However. I use a special preprocessor (lwpp [look at freshmeat
> for it]) to create an embedded C file for PostgreSQL 'ecpg' or Informix
> 'esqlc'. I think this is the better way. Having two source trees would mean
> to do everything twice and if I forget something I have two incompatible
> programs.
       I downloaded this program and tried it out. It definitely
has possibilities. I especially like its flexible prefix feature,
which should make it possible to use for source files in just
about any language. You could use this, for instance, to pre-process
SQL scripts for different DBMSs. I've been doing stuff like this
using sed scripts in makefiles, and I can tell you I'd much rather
do it this way.
       Thanks for the tip.

----------------------------------
Date: 15-Sep-99  Time: 11:10:52

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] ecpg and getting just assigned serial number
От: "Len Morgan"
Сообщение: ODBC Question