RE: Security WAS RE: [HACKERS] Updated TODO list

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема RE: Security WAS RE: [HACKERS] Updated TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16-Jul-99 Ansley, Michael wrote:
> I think the point is that you wouldn't, but the most important part is to
> get it off the wire.  Let someone do that first, and then worry about what
> the administrator can see.  One would hope that your administrator is more
> trustworthy than joe hacker out on the network.
>

>>> Why would you want to make it visible to anyone?
>>>
>>> Vince.
>
> As a user, I would be extremely concerned if I knew that my password was
> fairly transparent on the network, but less so if I knew that the wire was
> safe, although my admin could see it.  First prize would, of course, be
> total secrecy.

But you can use something like ssh to take care of the wire.  It's alot
better than the method used by browsers for login and password.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com