Security WAS RE: [HACKERS] Updated TODO list

От Ansley, Michael
Тема Security WAS RE: [HACKERS] Updated TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think the point is that you wouldn't, but the most important part is to
get it off the wire.  Let someone do that first, and then worry about what
the administrator can see.  One would hope that your administrator is more
trustworthy than joe hacker out on the network.

>> Why would you want to make it visible to anyone?
>>
>> Vince.

As a user, I would be extremely concerned if I knew that my password was
fairly transparent on the network, but less so if I knew that the wire was
safe, although my admin could see it.  First prize would, of course, be
total secrecy.

MikeA