RE: [Fwd: catalog files]

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема RE: [Fwd: catalog files]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15-Dec-98 Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> (taken on-list so this is indexed in mhonarc)
>
>> Looking thru the freebsd sgml primer, they specify that
>> SGML_CATALOG_FILES needs to be set.
>> I find this to be true if I want to use PSGML mode in
>> emacs, and if I want to run nsgmls when validating within emacs,
>> otherwise it can't find the proper rules for parsing.
>>
>> Anyway the locations for the catalog files as per the primer:
>> /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/3.0/catalog
>> /usr/local/share/sgml/html/catalog
>> /usr/local/share/sgml/iso8879/catalog
>> /usr/local/share/sgml/jade/catalog
>
> Bingo. I can build docs on postgresql.org (a FreeBSD machine) using the
> FreeBSD packages of the tools if I set an environment variable,
> specifying these four paths delimited with colons:
>
> setenv SGML_CATALOG_FILES
> '/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/3.0/catalog:...'
>
> On my linux/rpm machine, I don't need to set this environment variable
> at all (except for emacs parsing) since jade was built with the correct
> default route to catalogs. Don't know why FreeBSD does not do this;
> perhaps this should be written up as a "feature deficit" or bug?
>
>                        - Tom

I'm building most of 'em anyway.  I'm getting this after it successfully
builds admin, postgres and programmer:

jade -D ref -D ../graphics -V %use-id-as-filename% -d
/home/vev/db124/docbook/html/docbook.dsl -t sgml tutorial.sgml
jade:intro.sgml:71:1:E: general entity "history" not defined and no default
entity
jade:intro.sgml:73:1:E: general entity "about" not defined and no default
entity
jade:intro.sgml:75:1:E: general entity "info" not defined and no default
entity
jade:intro.sgml:77:1:E: general entity "notation" not defined and no default
entity
jade:intro.sgml:79:1:E: general entity "y2k" not defined and no default entity
jade:intro.sgml:81:1:E: general entity "legal" not defined and no default
entity
jade:start.sgml:229:26:X: reference to non-existent ID "LIBPQ"
jade:start.sgml:229:42:X: reference to non-existent ID "LIBPQ"
jade:/home/vev/db124/docbook/html/dblink.dsl:184:1:E: XRef LinkEnd to missing
ID 'LIBPQ'
gmake[2]: *** [tutorial.html] Error 1

One more thing I'm missing maybe?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2  Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com      "There is no outfit less
entitledto lecture me about bloat              than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow