pg_dump - segfault with -z option

От Karl Auer
Тема pg_dump - segfault with -z option
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump - segfault with -z option
Список pgsql-hackers
hi.

I hope this is not a rehash of anything; a quick look at the mailing list
archives turned up similar, but not identical stories.

When I use the "-z" option (dump permissions)when dumping a database I have, I
get a segfault and no output. The other options are irrelevant (i.e., I can
specify any other option or options I like, it still happens). To the best of
my knowledge I have nothing tricky or complex in my database, just standard
types like varchar, bool and int, the refint stuff and a trigger or two.

It does NOT segfault with template1, but nor do I get any output, maybe this
is normal, I'm a total novice at this  :-)

This is not a critical issue for me, I can always set the permissions on my
tables manually, but a) it would be nice not to have to and b) I thought it
might interest someone... Seems to me that whatever the reasons for it,
pg_dump should not lose it to the extent of segfaulting :-)

Regards, K.

---
Karl Auer (auer@kom.id.ethz.ch)              Geschaeft/work     +41-1-6327531
Kommunikation, ETHZ RZ                          Privat/home     +41-1-4517941
Clausiusstrasse 59                                      Fax     +41-1-6321225
CH-8092 ZUERICH Switzerland