Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently
Дата
Ответы RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently  ("tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com" <tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 09:52:17AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Dec-09, tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com wrote:
>> The new partition will have a property specified when the user creates
>> it.  That is, while the storage property of each storage unit
>> (=partition) is basically independent, ALTER TABLE on a partitioned
>> table is a convenient way to set the same property value to all its
>> underlying storage units.
>
> Well, that definition seems unfriendly to me.  I prefer the stance that
> if you change the value for the parent, then future partitions inherit
> that value.

That's indeed more interesting from the user perspective.  So +1 from
me.
--
Michael

Вложения