RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> Does "ALTER TABLE ONLY parent" work correctly?  Namely, do not affect
> existing partitions, but cause future partitions to acquire the new
> setting.

Yes, it works correctly in the sense that ALTER TABLE ONLY on a partitioned table does nothing because it has no
storageand therefore logged/unlogged has no meaning.

> This sounds very much related to previous discussion on REPLICA IDENTITY
> not propagating to partitions; see
> https://postgr.es/m/201902041630.gpadougzab7v@alvherre.pgsql
> particularly Robert Haas' comments at
> http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoYjksObOzY8b1U1=BsP_m+702eOf42fqRtQTYio
> 1NunbA@mail.gmail.com
> and downstream discussion from there.

There was a hot discussion.  I've read through it.  I hope I'm not doing strange in light of that discussioin.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa