RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently
Дата
Ответ на Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>
> Do you mean to say that if we detach all the partitions(assuming they
> are all unlogged) then the parent table(assuming logged) gets changed
> to unlogged? Does it happen on master? Am I missing something here?

No, the parent remains logged in that case both on master and with patched.  I understand this behavior is based on the
ideathat (1) each storage unit (=partition) is independent, and (2) a partitioned table has no storage so the
logged/unloggedsetting has no meaning.  (I don't know there was actually such an idea and the feature was implemented
onthat idea, though.)

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa