Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently
Дата
Ответ на Re: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Dec-09, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> I'm not sure how many more of such commands exist which require changes.

The other thread has a list.  I think it is complete, but if you want to
double-check, that would be helpful.

> How about doing it this way?
>
> 1) Have a separate common thread listing the commands and specifying
> clearly the agreed behaviour for such commands.
> 2) Whenever the separate patches are submitted(hopefully) by the
> hackers for such commands, after the review we can make a note of that
> patch in the common thread.
> 3) Once the patches for all the listed commands are
> received(hopefully) , then they can be committed together in one
> release.

Sounds good.  I think this thread is a good place to collect those
patches, but if you would prefer to have a new thread, feel free to
start one (I'd suggest CC'ing me and Tsunakawa-san).